YOGA CERTIFICATE COURSE
EXAMINATIONS & CERTIFICATION
- As the course duration is 6months, the first one month is residential
- During this one month, there will be 2 examinations covering Theory portion.
- During this one month, there will be 3 examinations covering Practical portion.
- During this one month, candidates are given various Yoga related topics for submission of dissertation which carry 50marks. The length of the Dissertation is not less than 3000 words.
- After the one month residential course candidates will return back and conduct 3 Non-residential Yoga Satras. Each Satra should contain a minimum of 15 participants. The duration of each Satra should be 10days.
- Candidates should send a report of these Satras with the details of participants address, contact no. and few photographs/video clips.
- These three Yoga Satras will carry total 100marks.
- After the completion of the above Satras candidate will return to Kanyakumari for a Residential course and final Theory Examination. This helps to refresh, clarify, Theory & Practical aspects of handling Yoga Session.
- To qualify for final Theory Examination & Certification, candidate has to secure minimum 250marks.
- The final Theory Examination carries 100marks.
- The total marks for the above are as below.
- Theory : 3 x 100 = 300
- Practical : 3 x 100 = 300
- Dissertation : = 50
- 3 Yoga Satra : = 100
Total = 750
- Certification carries along with mark-list separately.
- Passing Grades are allotted as below,
- Above 80% (601 and above) = A+
- 61% to 80% (451 to 600) = A
- 51% to 60% (376 to 450) = B+
- 40% to 50% (300 to 375) = B
- For candidates having convincing reasons, another six months grace period is allowed for Final Examination.
- For non-Residential courses conducted at various centres of Vivekananda Kendra, candidates have to come to Kanyakumari for a 15 days Residential Shibir for Final Examination.
- The Certificate issued will carry Bharatiya Vichara Kendram Research Institute, Thiruvananthapuram, which is recognised Research Center by MDS University, Ajmer and Tumkur University, Karnataka.
- Vivekananda Kendra is a Member institution of Indian Yoga Association.